Monday, April 18, 2011

Walhalla Temple

As I woke up I was hoping that today would be a good day. I had to be up and ready so I can head to the Walhalla Temple, which I was waiting to go to ever since I saw it on the way in. I was wondering how I was going to get to the Walhalla Temple and I wasn't to sure how. So after I ate breakfast and obviously took some rolls and they also had muffins, I saw an old man so I approached him and asked if he knew where I could rent a bike from. He told me that he would lend it to me for the entire time I was there for only $15.00. After finding transportation to the Temple I couldn't wait to see it. It took me about 20 minutes to get from my hostel to the Temple. I had to hike up a huge grassy hill and a lot of stairs. I was completely out of energy after I got to the top. Although I was extremely tired I was ready to tour the Temple. It was beautiful from the inside let alone the outside I was in awe. There was a girl there that looked a little but older than me and seemed very friendly. I walked up to her and introduced myself and she caught on very quickly that I was American. Her name was Arabella. I thought it was a beautiful name and we got along very well. I asked her why she came to the Walhalla Temple if she lived in Regensburg and she said that she has been here so many times that the owners let her come whenever she pleases to. She had a lot of great stories that she shared with me and after a couple hours of touring the Temple it was time to head back into town. We met up by KFC because that is where I was familiar with. We walked around and she got me some leftovers from her place to eat later at my hostel and she also showed me all the little details tourists don't see. It was very fascinating. After a few hours of that I was ready to go back to my hostel and hit the sheets. She told me if she needed anything I could just walk a couple blocks from my hostel to her house. 


No comments:

Post a Comment