Saturday, April 16, 2011

St. Peter's Cathedral

I just got to Regensburg and its about 1:45 pm. I went up to my hostel and it was a little smaller than the one in Regensburg and you didn't have any privacy AT ALL! Anyways I got settled in and went out and started exploring.. The great thing about Regensburg is that you can walk almost everywhere which was really good because I only have $3,000 dollars to spend. Well it was really hot and the sun was blazing but I made it to the cathedral in about 20 minutes. The tour of the cathedral was at 2:00 pm and I was 15 minutes late. So I asked someone who worked there, I wasn't sure what they did, if I could just look around inside and take some pictures because I was visiting from America. They said I was allowed but only for a half hour. As I was looking around the Cathedral I felt like I was back home, it reminded me of the University of Pittsburgh Learning Cathedral. It had long and tall ceilings that arced at the top. It was so beautiful and I was very thankful that the people there let me look around and see it. I couldn't believe I got the chance of a lifetime to see something like that. I would definitely recommend going here if you like old and natural art. (http://www.stpetercathedral.org/virtual_tour.html

No comments:

Post a Comment