Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Museum fur Angewandte Kunst

The hostel last night was very hot and I wasn't able to sleep well, so I am really tired. As I was getting ready to go eat breakfast and go to my next location I noticed that my wallet wasn't with me. I had to of forgotten it somewhere. I was rushing and got my things together and ran down to the front desk. I accidentally hit a little boy and he fell over crying. I got to the front desk and they told me someone reported a lost wallet and lucky it was mine. After I got my wallet I was eating breakfast and the little boy that I ran into told his mom that I ran into him and she started yelling at me in German so I ignored her and that made her more mad. So I went to the breakfast table where everything was out and got a couple more rolls and some fruit and ran out of the hostel so my day couldn't get any worse. I then got to the train station in time for the departure to the museum. All of a sudden I remembered that I didn't bring my backpack. I had to go back and get it because it had everything I needed for my day in there. Once I got back to the station the train I was supposed to get on left but there was another one going to the same place coming into the station so that saved my day! The museum had an old fashioned theme to it and I didn't think that I would like it, but I decided to stay and explore it anyways. I didn't expect to see the things I did. Everything that I saw was very old fashioned. I actually liked it, each sculpture that was there had a little description about its history. There wasn't much to do around the area of the museum but it had a nice and quiet environment. By the time I ate lunch and waited for the train to arrive at the museum it was already 3:30. When I got on the train there was an old lady struggling with her bags so I helped her off the bus, she tried to give me some money but I told her no. Then she said in broken English if I wanted to go to her place for a nice home cooked dinner. I couldn't pass up that offer. She lived with her husband in a small apartment a few blocks from the train station. After a great meal and a long day it was around 8:00 pm and I decided to get a early sleep because I didn't sleep well the night before. So if your looking for an old fashioned environment, the Museum fur Angewandte Kunst is the right place for you to go (http://www.angewandtekunst-frankfurt.de/mak_e/english/04_sammlungen.html).

No comments:

Post a Comment