Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stadel Museum

It's 9:00 am and I'm heading down to the main lobby to eat some breakfast. After I was done eating I took a couple extra rolls and some fruit for later in case i get a little hungry. I am now going to head to the train station so I can start my day early at the museum. When I arrived at the train station i didn't see the train that I was supposed to take and I didn't know what to do. I tried talking to the cashier and ask him when is the next time train the goes there but he was so old and didn't know English that I just left the ticket booth. As I was walking away I ran into Esteban. He asked me where I was headed to and he decided to change his plans and come to the museum with me. He didn't have a car or any type of transportation, so we took the cab. It only took us about 20 minutes to get there and we were excited to see what was inside of the museum. I told Esteban that since he paid for the cab I would share my snacks that I took from the hotel with him and he didn't mind. The museum was gorgeous from the outside and we had to pay another admission free to get in. Once we entered our jaws dropped from how unique and interesting everything looked so old fashion. There were so many different paintings and sculptures that you always wanted to keep looking at was going to come next. It was around 2:30 pm so we decided to eat lunch out front because of the nice scenery. There was even a trail that you could walk along and after lunch we went on a walk and just explored the nature part of Frankfurt. By the time we went on a walk and got back to the Stadel Museum it was already 4:00 pm. I had a fun day, and if you like art like me and Esteban or just want to have a calm and relaxing time i suggest you head to the Stadel Museum ( http://www.staedelmuseum.de/sm/index.php?StoryID=15). We exchange hostel locations and both headed our separate ways. My hostel Had an "All you can eat" spaghetti buffet only on Friday and Saturday so I ate there. After dinner I sat outside to get grasp a concept on how German's live their everyday life's. It started to get dark outside so I headed back to hostel for a good nights sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're really getting into your blog. You've captured my interest. Check out how you can put an active link in your blog using simple html code. That will make your page more dynamic.

    ReplyDelete