Saturday, April 23, 2011

City Gates

After I was done touring the Nymphenburg Palace it was getting pretty late. Luckily the best time to look at buildings and see historical landmarks was at night. It was getting  chilly but it there was a nice breeze so I didn't need my jacket. I took the bus and headed to City Gates. It took about 15 minutes to get there and the street lights started to come on and everything looked very romantic. City Gates was closed so I wasn't able to tour it but it looked a lot better from the outside. I was excited that I got to see the city at night including a lot of other things. I wasn't too hungry and I planned on getting pizza when I got back to the hotel. I saw the City Gates and I wasn't fascinated by it but it was definitely a good place to go look at. After going there I stopped and looked at some other places near City Gates that were nice landmarks to take pictures and see. On each side of the Gates was a big shopping center with a huge beautiful fountain in the middle. Many people come here and walk and shop. It was called the Karlspaltz. It was a nice environment to walk on a cool night. As much as I love to shop I didn't buy anything there were a lot of things that were really nice and I wanted but I stayed away from them. After the urge to buy so many things I had to see something else, so I went to look at Justizpalast which is a fine example of the 19th century German art and structure. It was really nice and a lot of people came to see it. I was happy that I got the opportunity to come see this. When I was done looking at this landmark I went to go see the Richard Strauss Fountain. It was a very unique fountain and at night there was a spot light that shined on it. You would see a bunch of little kids running through it and playing in it. After a long day of walking through the palace and seeing all these beautiful sights I decided to head back to my hostel, order pizza and go to sleep. I went to a pizza place near my hostel called Mama Pizza they were open until 11:00 pm. I got there around 9:15 pm and I ordered a Pizza Margherita. It had only mozzarella cheese on it and it wasn't that big. I paid about $8.000 for it which wasn't too bad. It was very good and I liked it a lot. They had a lot of other things like salad, pasta, lasagna, ice cream, deserts and many more. ( https://pizza.de/mama-pizza-muenchen-augustenstr-16#/framek050.020.htm )


 










No comments:

Post a Comment