Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Altes Rathaus

It seems to be that in every new city I go to their always has to be a day that doesn't go too well. Well today is that day. I woke up at about 6:00 am and I couldn't fall back asleep because someone else that was in my dorm was snoring really loud. After I was up for 3 hours I got dressed and headed down to breakfast. I was planning on not spending a lot because I wanted to save money so I headed over to Arabella's house to see if she new about any tours going on today. When I went over she wasn't sleeping and she invited me in for a cup of coffee while we discussed the situation. She said that most tours already started but I'm sure you would e able to join them and listen to wait they are saying. Most of the tours were in English so I wouldn't have trouble understanding. After coffee I invited Arabella out to tour the city with me and she was more than happy to join. We got on our bikes and were on our way. We saw one tour that were taking a tour bus around the city so we kept looking. Once we got a couple blocks away and towards all the buildings we saw a tour heading to the Altes Rathaus. We parked our bikes and we walked around with the group. This saves you a lot of money but you can NOT do this all the time. The tour guide didn't notice we were part of the group and that was really good. After the tour guide explained everything outside, we headed inside and looked around and it was very amusing. It was the oldest Town Hall and it was very plain from the inside but the history was very interesting. It was starting to get boring so me and Arabella decided to go outside and eat some lunch. I took some rolls and muffins from the hostel and she had 2 bottles of water for us. After touring the Altes Rathaus we went to go see other places and we just rode our bikes and followed the group like we were tourists. After lunch we will head to the Thurn und Taxis.

No comments:

Post a Comment